65 YEARS' SERVICE TO PHILATELY
Next Cavendish Auctions
Thursday 20 and Friday 21 April 2017 (in London)
The catalogues for the next Cavendish Philatelic Auctions are now on-line.
There are nearly 800 lots of specilaised material to view, taking place at the following times and places (click on the pictures to see larger versions):
London, Thursday April 20 at 1pm
The TONY EASTGATE Collections of Fiji, New Caledonia, and other Pacific Islands
Featuring superb covers of all periods ranging from Prestamp and 1st-Issue covers through to World War II, with an emphasis on destinations, rates, routes and eye-appeal. Assembled over almost 50 years and Internationally exhibited in several continents.
London, April 21 at 10am
Australia and Asia
- The CAPTAIN T.G.S. WARD Collection of Australia/New Zealand-British Maritime Mail - Part 2
- The TAYLOR-SMITH Postal History Collections of Burma, Japan, Japan Used Abroad, and Pakistan.
- The HAROLD ARTHUR NEALE Collection of Ceylon.
- Stamps and Postal History of Australian States.
- Significant Stamps of Modern China
Public viewing will be at the Melbourne International Stamp Exhibition and the Cavendish Gallery in London (by appointment only) on the following dates:
Melbourne International Stamp Exhibition March 30 to April 2 (selected lots with estimates over £250 only). See us at stand 17.
- Thursday 30 March - 10.00am to 6.00pm
- Friday 31 March - 10.00am to 6.00pm
- Saturday 1 April - 10.00am to 5.00pm
- Sunday 2 April - 10.00am to 4.00pm
Bulky lots from these sales will not be available for viewing at the Melbourne International Stamp Exhibition.
Cavendish Gallery in London (viewing by appointment only)
- Tuesday 18 April - 12.00pm - 5.00pm
- Wednesday 19 April - 9.00am - 5.00pm
- Thursday 20 April - 9.00am - 11.45am
- Friday 21 April - NO VIEWING
Book early to avoid disappointment. All lots from these sales will be available for viewing at the Cavendish Gallery in London.
Consignments for the June 7, 21 & 22 Auctions
end on Wednesday 12 April 2017.
These auctions will feature:
- The PROFESSOR DAVID STIRRUPS International Gold Medal Collections of Gibraltar Stamps & Postal History, plus useful Spain & Portugal Postal History. Including special studies of G.B. Used in Gibraltar, Gibraltar Postal Stationery, Gibraltar/Spain Mails, Cadiz Postal History, and Early Iberian/Mediterranean Maritime Mails.
- The G.M. VLACHOS International Gold Medal Collection of Ionian Islands Postal History, 1428-1864. Including official, commercial, and private lettersto and from the Ionian Islands during the Venetial Administration, Septinsular Republic, Imperial French rule, British military occupation, and the United States of the Ionian Islands under British protection.
- Fine G.B. and Foreign Stamps
- 19th & 20th Century Postal History
Cavendish Philatelic Auctions on Philasearch
Cavendish Auctions are pleased to announce a range of new initiatives to accompany our existing website and make information about our auctions more accessible.
The next catalogue of Cavendish Philatelic Auctions is now listed on Philasearch, a popular website offering sophisticated search facilities to help you find elusive items for your collections. Please see Cavendish Philatelic Auctions at Philaserach
You can send advance bids to us directly through Philasearch up to the day of the sale. We continue to offer the option of advance bidding on our own website also.
Live Internet Bidding Now Available for
Cavendish Philatelic Auctions
Cavendish Philatelic Auctions Ltd. are very pleased to announce that we have begun working with easyLiveAuction.com and are able to offer live internet bidding in our upcoming auction. easyLiveAuction.com are a reliable, proven and popular platform who provide easy-to-use live bidding and also offer a £3 flat fee bidding option with no further internet fees. If you haven’t tried bidding online we strongly encourage you to try easyLiveAuction.com
Details of the sale and how to bid live online are available at Cavendish Philatelic Auctions at easyLiveAuction
Follow the latest news on FaceBook.
We look forward to being of service to you.